Bazlama recipe Turkish traditional flatbread (Bazlama) is one of the oldest bread recipes in Turkey. Its also one of the most loved ones as well.
Don’t have an oven in your kitchen? No worries! We have a very easy bread (Bazlama) recipe for you that you can cook on the pan in minutes. Besides its simplicity, very delicious and has a soft texture. Also, it’s possible to refresh it after short heating on the stove.
Bazlama Turkish Flatbread Recipe
- 550 g flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 400 ml warm water
- Add water, oil, sugar, salt, yeast into a bowl and mix well. Start kneading by adding the flour gradually.
- Get a soft dough. Cover it and let it rest for an hour.
- After 1 hour, sprinkle some flour on the dough and knead it to deflate its air.
- Divide it into 8 equal parts. Roll it up. Cover and rest for 10 minutes again.
- After 10 minutes, roll out the dough in the width of a dinner plate and cover it with a cloth.
- Cook in a pan on low heat by turning it occasionally and let it cool.