Cyprus Dessert Recipe
- 250 gr sugar
- 15 gr vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 0.5 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 10 gr baking powder
- 1 cup walnut
- 400 ml water
- 130 gr starch
- Preparation of the Sorbet: Add 400 ml of water and 250 gr of sugar to the pot, stir lightly and leave on low heat for 15 minutes. Then add 5 gr of vanilla and leave to cool down.
- Mix 3 eggs and 85 gr of sugar with the mixer until it froths. Respectively, add half a cup of vegetable oil, a cup of coconut, 5 gr vanilla, a cup of breadcrumbs, 10 gr of baking powder, and mix well with a mixer.
- Then add a 1 cup of walnuts and mix again. Oil the bottom of the Pyrex tray is and pour the mixture with the mixer. Fix the mixture in the pyrex tray, set the oven to 180 Celcius (356 Fahrenheit) degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
- Preparation of the Pudding:Add 1 liter of milk, 85 gr of sugar, 130 gr of starch and 10 gr of vanilla powder to a saucepan and heat on the stove until it boils. After it boils, cover the bottom and pour a pack of powder whipped cream and mix thoroughly for 5 minutes with a mixer.
- Take the tray out from the oven and pour the cooled syrup we prepared earlier. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Then pour the pudding we prepared earlier. Add coconut and walnuts on it and let it rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.Enjoy this delicious Turkish dessert :)