Homemade olive curing recipe. Olive curing is a bright way to have more natural and healthier olives than you may buy from the supermarket. Olives are too high in vit E and some powerful antioxidants. Besides, they are very good for your heart and protect against and cancer and osteoporosis. It contains one of the most healthiest fats you can get from the nature. In Dishes from Turkey website, you will learn the best and the easist way to brine and cure your natural green olives. Enjoy the recipe;)
Homemade Olive Curing
- Big bottles to keep the olives
- 2 kg of green freshly picked olives
- 7 tablespoons of pickled salt
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried chickpeas
- 1 sliced lemon
- cold water
- Scratch the olives on both sides with a knife and put them in plastic bottles. Then fill the bottle with water to the brim, close the lid and let it sit for two days.
- After 2 days, drain the water, refill and close the lid. Do this 5 times (i.e. every 2 days for 10 days) each time while opening the lid slowly, otherwise it may burst or squirt.
- Take the olives whose water is changed every 2 days for 10 days and add 7 tablespoons of brine salt, 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon salt, 1 tablespoon dry chickpea, 1 sliced lemon and cold water and cover with a funnel. Close it airtight and leave for 30 days in a cool and dark place.
- When you are sure that the color of the olive that has been kept for 30 days has turned yellow and that its bitterness is gone, open the lid slowly and remove the air, then close the lid and cut off the head with a knife and pour it into a container with its water and put it in jars, add 50 ml olive oil and serve.