Homemade chicken doner kebab recipe. Doner kebab maybe the most popular Turkish dish which is very common all over the world. Wherever you go, it’s very possible to see a Doner kebab restaurant while walking on the street. What makes doner (döner) kebab special is the way how they cook. It getting cooked vertically and on the slow rotisserie and this system is making it roast very well and at the same time, keep it’s moist and fat in the meat. Usually, it’s being served with a special tomato sauce, salad, and pickles.
Here is a very easy recipe for you to make a home-made doner kebab with our chef’s special cooking tips to make it more delicious. Enjoy your doner ;)
Homemade Chicken Doner Recipe
- 750 gr chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon red powder pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise.
- Grate 1 onion and strain its juice.
- Put the chickens, onion juice, all of the spices, and a clove of grated garlic into a bowl. Mix well.
- Cover and let it rest in the fridge for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, roll the chicken with stretch, put it in the freezer.
- After it freezes, finely chop and fry in a pan.