Lentil patties recipe ( not fried!) You love lentil patties, right? Those are too delicious but usually being fried and that makes them less healthy. Here is Turkish style lentil patties recipe which is not fried but also very delicious. This high-protein recipe will be your #1 side dish or a healthy snack which you can easily prepare. It’s also one of the best ways to reduce the consumption of meatballs and fried patties as a tasty alternative. Even your kids will love it!
Lentil Patties Recipe
- 300 g fine bulgur
- 170 g lentils
- 100 ml of oil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of pepper paste
- 1 dessert spoon of chili pepper
- 1 dessert spoon of black pepper
- 1 dessert spoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 bunch of finely chopped parsley
- 1 bunch of finely chopped green onion
- 1 lemon juice
- 600 ml of water
- Add 170 grams of lentils in a strainer and rinse well.
- Pour it into a saucepan and fill it with 600 ml of water and cook for 20 minutes.
- Mix the cooked lentils and its juice with the bulgur. Add a little salt, mix a bit, cover, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add 100 ml of oil into a pan, then add the finely chopped onions. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Pour the tomato paste, spices, and salt over it. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Pour the cooked sauce over the lentil bulgur we rested, and mix well.
- Close the lid and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to the lentil & bulgur mix. Knead for a while.
- Add finely chopped parsley and green onions and knead for 5 more minutes.
- Take walnut-sized pieces in the palm of your hand and squeeze them to shape.