Lentil soup recipe (Mercimek soup recipe) is one of the most popular soup in Turkey. Try this creamy taste flavored with lots of spices and veggies.
Lentil Soup / Turkish Mercimek Soup
A very nutritious and high protein lentil soup that you can prepare easily with simple ingredients.
- 170 gr of lentils
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 liters of hot water
- a little bit of salt
- a little bit of pepper
- Soak the lentils in water for half an hour.
- Then pour it into a strainer and wash thoroughly.
- Let it dry for 5 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes, onion, and garlic into halves or three pieces.
- Add lentils and 2 liters of hot water and boil for 35 minutes.
- Take the foams on the boiling soup with a spoon and blend the soup with a blender
- Afterward, cook the soup on high heat to make it foam and remove the foams with a spoon.
- Then add some black pepper and salt and mix for 3 minutes.
- Keep boiling.
- Our soup is ready to serve.
You can add some lemon juice and curotuon breads upon request.