Turkish ezogelin soup with red lentils and bulgur recipe In Turkish cuisine, especially at lunch time, soups have an important place. Mostly, the meals start with a thin soup. In some places in Turkey, people start their day with a bowl of soup instead of a traditional breakfast. Ezogelin soup is one of the most popular ones in Turkey. It’s a different kind of lentil soup with some additional flavors in it. Ezogelin soup is one of the high-protein soups and has lots of precious nutritions.
Turkish Ezogelin Soup With Red Lentils and Bulgur Recipe
- 170 g of lentils
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2.5 liters of hot water
- 3.5 tbsp 50 g of margarine,
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint
- half a cup of oil
- 1 tablespoon of bulgur
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- a little salt and black pepper.
- Soak the lentils in water for half an hour.
- After half an hour, wash thoroughly in a strainer and wait for 5 minutes to dry.
- Soak 1 tablespoon of bulgur in hot water for half an hour.
- Add potatoes, onions, garlic in large pieces in a pot.
- Pour the lentils and add 2 liters of water and boil for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foams from the boiling soup and blend it with a blender.
- Start cooking the soup that has been smashed with the blender to froth over high heat and remove the foam with a spoon. Then add some black pepper and salt and keep boiling by stirring for 3 minutes.
- Strain the bulgur we soak in hot water for half an hour with a strainer.
- Add some oil and 1 tablespoon of tomato paste into a pan. Fry by stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour and fry a little more.
- Add some water to it and mix a little. Then, pour an average of 3 scoops of the cooked lentils and keep mixing.
- Add half a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of black pepper and mix a little. Then put the lentil pot on the stove.
- Add the sauce. mix it a little bit and pour 200 ml of hot water gradually over it. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Melt 3,5 tbsp (50 g of butter) in a pan.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of dried mint and fry for two minutes. Pour the roasted mint over the soup and mix.
- Add the bulgur soaked in water. Stir it a little, boil it for 5 minutes and serve.