Turkish Flower Bread. One of the most popular bread types after the regular bread in Turkey. As all the people know who visited in Turkey, a meal can not be without bread. Especially for the breakfast. It has become a cultural habit in the country.
Besides, since the bread is something sacred for Turkish people, wasting it is also a shame. Therefore, Turkish people never throw the leftover bread away and prefer it to hang on trees in plastic bags for poor people, shepherds, or other animal owners. Or they leave them outside on the street in a bowl after mixing it with some food for the animals.
What is the Differences of the Turkish Flower Bread?
The Difference of The Flower bread can be its thin and crunchy crust and softer texture. And of course, its flower shape as you may understand from its name:)
Turkish Flower Bread
- 450 g of flour
- 200 ml of warm water
- 100 ml of warm milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 20 g of fresh yeast
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of black cumin
- 1 teaspoon white sesame
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Put water, milk, yeast and sugar in a bowl. Mix for 2 minutes, then pour salt and 2 tablespoons of oil, mix and knead the flour slowly, cover it and let it rest for 1 hour.
- (After 1 hour) Apply oil to your hands and deflate the air from the dough as seen in the video.
- Divide into 7 equal parts, roll, and shape like a flower on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover it with a cloth and let it rest for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, spread egg yolk on the dough, sprinkle with black seed and sesame seeds. Then bake it at 180 (Celcius) degrees for about 30 - 35 minutes until it is browned.