Turkish pide recipe pide with minced meat recipe. Turkish pide is a very well-known traditional bread filled with various ingredients such as meat, cheese, and vegetables preferably. Pide and Lahmacun are also known as Turkish pizza that is way healthier than a pizza.
It is not difficult that finding Turkish food all over the world. And pide is one of the most common dishes you can find in every Turkish restaurant just like Döner and Kebab. The best thing about pide is that it is being cooked in the stone ovens and directly on the fire.
- 650 grams of flour
- 200 ml of warm water
- 200 ml of warm milk
- 50 ml of oil
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of grape vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 dessert spoon of salt
- 1 dessert spoon of powdered yeast
- 250 grams of ground beef
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped red pepper
- 1 thinly sliced tomato
- 2 finely chopped green peppers
- 1 pinch of finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Add 200 ml of warm water, 200 ml of warm milk, 50 ml of oil, 2 tablespoons of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of grape vinegar, 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of powdered yeast and mix well.
- Add 650 gr flour at last and start kneading.
- Get a medium-hard dough, cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Take the rested dough and roll it in a large piece of walnuts size, cover again and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Add 250g of ground beef, 1 finely chopped onion, 1 finely chopped red pepper, 1 thinly sliced tomato, 2 finely chopped green peppers, 1 pinch of finely chopped parsley, 1 teaspoon tomato paste, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of oil into a bowl and mix well.
- Take the rested dough and roll them out (approx 15 cm) by sprinkling flour.
- Put a tablespoon of filling and combine the ends. Apply egg yolk on the edges, place them on an baking paper lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes at 200 Celcius degrees.