Dolma: Ottoman Sultan’s Favorite Dish!
Turkish traditional dolma recipe, Dolma is an authentic recipe from an Ottoman Palace kitchen to your kitchen! Here is an easy-to-cook and extremely delicious dolma recipe for your special dinner tables!
Dolma, (stuffed vegetables) is a very old Turkish stuffed dish well known in the Middle East and Mediterranean kitchen as well. Some of the veggies that can be used for dolma are; eggplant, zucchini, tomato, pepper and grape leaves.
Turkish Traditional DOLMA Recipe (Stuffed eggplant & zucchini & peppers)
- 2 zucchini
- 5 bell peppers
- 3 eggplants
- 3 to matoes
- 2 onions
- 2 green peppers
- 3 red pepper
- a little parsley
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarse grind sumac
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of pepper paste
- 200 g of rice
- 250 g of ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 50 ml of oil
- 1 capia pepper
- Finely chop the onion, tomato, parsley, green and red peppers.
- Carve out and empty the eggplant and zucchini, then open the peppers by cutting the stalks.
- Take 2 tablespoons of coarse grind sumac in a bowl and add hot water. Soak in water for half an hour.
- Wash the rice for 30 seconds and wait for it to drain. (Approx. 10 minutes)
- Put all the remaining ingredients except sumac in a bowl and mix for 5 minutes.
- Fill eggplants, peppers, and zucchinis more than halfway. And cover them with capia peppers by using them as lids.
- Put the pot on the stove and cover the stuffed veggies with a plate.
- Pour the coarse ground sumac water, which we soaked in water before, into the pot after straining it. -Then pour a cup of boiling water and close the lid of the pot.
- Cook on high heat until the water starts to boil. After it starts to boil, cook on low heat for 45 minutes.
- Dolma is ready to serve!